With the Ontario government slowly opening the economy back up, Northern Academy will be officially reopening on Monday, July 6th, 2020 as part of Stage 2.
We will be changing the way our school operates to ensure the safety of our students and teachers at all times. Please read below to see the safety measures that we will be putting in place upon our reopening.
COVID-19 SAFETY PRECAUTIONS
- Hand sanitizer stations will be installed in each classroom.
- Students and teachers will be asked to use hand sanitizer before entering the classroom and upon returning from the washroom.
- Washroom breaks will be limited to one student at a time.
- Glass dividers will be installed between students’ desks.
- Our front door and classroom doors will be left open to prevent the communal use of door handles.
- Classes will be limited to a maximum of 2 students, and each student will have their own desk that is 6 feet apart from the other.
- For group classes, teachers will stay a safe distance apart from the students at the front of the classroom to conduct lessons. For private lessons, teachers will sit across from the student with a glass divider in between.
- Teachers will not be wearing masks during instruction, for the sake of verbal clarity; however, they can upon request.
- All fabric cushioned chairs will be substituted for hard plastic classroom chairs. This change will allow us to sanitize and clean the chairs easier.
- Classrooms will be sanitized in-between each class.
- There will be a 30-minute gap between each class to ensure proper sanitation can be done and left to dry before the next class begins. We will also be alternating classrooms to ensure no classroom is booked back-to-back.
- Our waiting area will be limited to 2 people at a time, with each chair being sanitized between every use.
- Lastly, we will not be accepting walk-ins for the time being. This will allow us to reduce the amount of front desk staff we have working simultaneously, as well as limit the number of people we have coming in and out of the school on a daily basis. Only current students and parents of current students may enter the school. Anyone else who would like to visit our school must call in advance to make an appointment.
Note: If you have any allergy concerns about our sanitation precautions, please contact us at email@example.com and we will happily provide you with a list of cleaning supplies we use.
We want to thank everyone for their understanding during these uncertain times. We are doing our best to ensure our school can remain a clean and safe place where education can continue to thrive.
There will be another update coming shortly about how we will be incorporating online classes as an option in the near future.
We are looking forward to seeing everyone again!